We are currently looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Midday Assistant to join our Catering Department Team for the following shifts:
Monday to Friday 12.30pm to 13.45pm.
This is a permanent role, 39 weeks per year (term time), although additional weeks may be available.
The successful candidate will be:
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Have the ability to work both alone and in a team
- Someone with a good eye for detail who takes pride in their work
- Have a good level of fitness due to the nature of the role
- Have an awareness of Health & Safety procedures
Duties will include:
- To carry out cleaning in dining hall, to be ready for lunch
- To enforce the necessary sanctions for maintaining good order in the queuing system in line with the schools behaviour policy
- Supervise pupils in the dining hall and include any ancillary duties (for example clearing up spillages, ensuring tables are clean etc.)
- To carry out any necessary and required ancillary duties
- To tidy the dining hall following the lunch period
- To report any misbehaviour or problems to duty teachers
- To work in a team effectively and communicate with colleagues.
Pay will be based on National Minimum Wage rates as follows:
- 25 & Over - £8.21 per hour
- 21 – 24 - £7.70 per hour
- 18 - 20 - £6.15 per hour
To apply please complete an application form and return it to the HR Department one of the following ways:
In person to: The Reception of either of our Academies
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via post to: Basildon Upper Academy
Closing Date: Applications welcomed as soon as possible
Position Available: September 2019
Location of Role: The Basildon Lower Academy
The Basildon Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS and health checks.