IT Operations Technician
We are looking to appoint an IT Operations Technician to join our ICT team as soon as possible, working across both the academies.
This role is 37 hours per week (08.30 - 4.30 pm Monday-Friday), 52 weeks per year
Salary Range: Band 2 £18,908 - £20,709
Within this role you will work as part of the ICT Team to maintain the school network, including laptop computers, so that it is fully available to all staff and departments and ensures that the classroom checks are performed reliably and accurately.
General duties include such things as ensuring that Desktops and laptops are set up correctly and kept up to date with the appropriate software, making sure that classroom checklists are completed, ensuring all computers and printers are operational, hardware where appropriate and assisting with general IT user queries.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 GCSEs at higher grade including English, Maths & ICT or equivalent,
- experience of providing ICT support to a system which a large number of end-user devices,
- excellent PC office systems skills,
- good communication and inter personnel skills,
- a working knowledge of ICT technologies,
- both hardware and software including a range of faults and general maintenance
- a commitment to working as a positive and constructive team member.
Ideally you will have worked within an educational establishment although this is not essential.
To apply for this post please download and complete our application form and return it to our Academy Support Manager Lisa Church - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 1st July 2022
Start Date: immediately
The Basildon Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS and health checks.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications or are able to fill the position faster than originally anticipated.