£7.50 per hour
We currently have opportunities for Invigilators to support student internal and external examinations.
If you have some spare time and are looking for some part-time ad-hoc hours then we would like to hear from you.
Hours are flexible in accordance with the needs of the exam being undertaken at the time (earliest start is 08:00 and latest
finish is 16:30). You should be able to do a minimum of 3 hours at any one time.
- Assisting with setting-up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with JCQ procedures.
- Assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about items permitted in examination venues.
- Ensuring that candidates follow JCQ exam regulations once inside examination venues.
- Invigilating/moving around the rooms during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates.
- Checking attendance during examinations.
- Escorting candidates from venues during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside examination venues.
- Collecting papers, stationery and equipment at the end of the session as directed by the Senior Invigilator.
Previous experience not necessary as full training will be provided. However, to be successful in applying for these opportunities you should:
- Have a genuine belief in the potential of every child.
- Have high expectations for all pupils.
- Have a flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Be a strong team player.
If you have the relevant skills please complete the attached brief application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Applications welcome as soon as possible
Position Available: ASAP
The Basildon Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS and health checks.