We are looking to recruit an exceptional Student Carer to work on a 1:1 basis with a student who has very specific needs.
Salary: Band 3 FTE Point 10 – 15: £18,983 - £21,696
39 weeks per year (term time, plus Inset days, plus twilight sessions) plus parents evening and special events as required.
Working hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday – Friday. 37 Hours per week.
We are two aspirational and ambitious Academies based in Essex, just 35 minutes from London. The Lower Academy specialises in the teaching of our students aged 11-14 whilst the Upper Academy specialises in our 14-19 year old student populations. The Academies are approximately 1 mile apart.
In December 2015 both of our Academies were graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and our goal over the next 24 months is to achieve ‘Outstanding’. We are confident we can achieve this and are looking for colleagues who share the drive and passion necessary to ensure every child achieve their potential. If this is you then you are just the person we are looking for to join our already successful team.
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with pupils and teachers on all levels. Previous work experience in a school or Academy is desired however:
• previous experience in caring for people is essential
• you must have 5 GCSE Grade C or above including English and Mathematics
• be able to evidence of the ability to work independently, using own initiative and be able to make decisions confidently
• have strong experience of office procedures and administration including MS Office
• have excellent interpersonal skills with clear and concise communication
• you must be in good health and able to use lifts as you may be required to assist less able bodied children
To apply, please download and complete our application form and return it to Lisa Church; firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Available: Immediate (flexible for the right candidate)
Tours of the Academies will be available for shortlisted candidates.
The Basildon Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS and health checks.