Careers Education Support Assistant
We require a Careers Education Support Assistant to join our Careers Education team.
Salary: Band 2 FTE £16,874 - £19,087
You will work with students on alternative provisions and curriculums, in addition to supporting in the Return to learn provision. If you are experienced in this area, have high expectations and believe you can improve every student experience of learning then we would like to hear from you.
Our Lower Academy specialises in the teaching of our students aged 11-14 whilst the Upper Academy specialises in our 14-19 year old student populations. This role is based at our Upper Academy and is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to be part of a team transforming the education and learning experiences.
We offer a wide range of trips, conferences and enrichment programmes and have outstanding facilities; both in terms of technological equipment and external facilities including a heated indoor pool, larger than average fields, table tennis facilities, drama and dance studios to name a few of many features available.
Working weeks: 39 weeks (Term Time + inset + twilight) and Parent/Open evening as required
Working Hours: 37 hours per week (08:00-16:00 Mon-Thurs and 08:00 – 15:30 Fri)
The successful candidate must have:
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent (Desirable)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills (Essential)
- 5 GCSE Grade C or above including English and Mathematics (Desirable)
- Proven track record of engaging students (D)
- Good interpersonal skills (E)
- Strong organisational skills / Multi-tasking ability (E)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clear and concise communication (E)
- High attention to detail (E)
- Work experience within a busy and fast paced environment (E)
- Composure under pressure (E)
- Work constructively and flexibly as part of a team, understanding others roles and responsibilities (E)
- Ability to identify own training and development needs and participate in on-going training (E)
- Experience of working within a school/academy (D)
Closing Date: Friday 14th February
Position Available: April 2020
Date of Interviews: To be confirmed
The Basildon Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS and health checks.