Supporting Student Progress
Student progress is tracked on a Personalised Learning Checklist against a Route Planner to ensure they are always on track to meet their academic potential. If students ever fall behind, we run an intervention programme to help students catch up. Teachers use the checklist to track progress as well as to plan learning based on the needs of the individual.
There is a Personalised Learning Checklist for every subject which is constantly monitored to ensure progress is made. Students have formal assessments twice a year and following these assessments we will report progress to parents and carers through Progress Review appointments. The results of the assessments and discussion with parents and carers allow us to implement appropriate therapies and interventions to drive further progress, create equity and remove barriers.
These interventions include:
- Academy ‘Out of Hours Learning Programme’
- Enrichment Sessions
- Twilight sessions
- Saturday School
- Half term School
- Digital learning
- Our continued investment in digital learning tools such as Doddle, Mathswatch and GCSE Pod.
- GRIT (growth, resilience, independence, tenacity) programme.
- Curriculum pathways catering for specific needs.
- Weekly Academy Mentoring for all.
- Student Development Team.
- External agencies to support mental health and wellbeing
- Funding to remove barriers